The Indianola baseball team will travel to Ankeny Monday for second-round action in postseason play after defeating Ottumwa 5-1 at home on Friday.
The Bulldogs scored in the second inning, but that was all they could manage. Indianola responded with two runs in the third, and one in the fourth, fifth and sixth to earn the victory.
Brady Blake earned the win on the mound, allowing one earned run and walking two while striking out six in five innings of work. Kaden Richie closed the game out, striking out three while allowing no hits or runs in the final two innings.
Blake also scored once on a home run.
Luke Rockhold scored twice with a double and Gavin Legg and Kasey Carter each scored once.
The Ankeny Hawks are 23-13 on the season and defeated Des Moines East in five innings on Friday with a 13-3 win. Monday’s game begins at 7 p.m.
- Warren County Fair team 'pinching ourselves' after successful fair week
- Second pilot hits power line as weather scrambles Classic schedule heading into the weekend
- ‘This is where I’ve dreamed of being’: McGraw and Wadle show swine grand champions
- Classic takes off with big crowds on opening weekend
- Robert J. Ford, Indianola
- County rescinds ATV ordinance in favor of state law
- Herbert Alan Dutcher, Indianola
- Pals and Johnson claim top beef honors in ‘tough’ competitions
- Iowa nursing home named one of the nation’s worst after emergency shut-down
- Local screening of 'Fighting Indians' to delve deeper into mascot issue