The City of Indianola is proud to employ many Veterans. We would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to them and the other members of our community who have served, and those who continue to serve, our country.
The Brush Facility is currently accepting free yard waste through November 20 for items less than ½” in diameter. The facility is open Thursdays 11-dusk, Saturdays 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sundays noon – 4 p.m. The last day the facility will be open this year is November 20. The Brush Facility will reopen in April 2023.
Water Resource Recovery Facility
This week the Indianola Water Resource Recovery Facility began pumping from the old plant to the new plant’s ditches in order to begin the acclimation process. Beginning next week, the old plant will be bypassed and the tie-in to the new plant from the sewer mains will be completed. Drone and project videos are available on our website.
City Council Update
The Indianola City Council met in study session and regular session on Monday, November 7, 2022. The meetings can be viewed on the City’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCwqdy2irWQILB_1QzcVrdw
During the study session, Council received the annual reports on the Veteran’s Memorial Aquatic Center and Indianola Public Library. The annual reports can be found in the study session agenda packet.
Among the items Council approved in the regular meeting were:
- Payment Application No 1 for the Quail Meadows Sidewalk Connector to G&G Landscaping and Excavating
- A farm lease with Mark Putney
- A resolution approving the updated fee schedule by amending the nuisance/property maintenance administrative fee
- A resolution authorizing the certification of liens to the Warren County Treasurer for purposes of assessing the cost of nuisance abatement against property
- A resolution approving purchase of property and authorizing the execution of the contract
- The appointment of Megan Shipley to the Indianola Public Arts Commission
- The purchase of a K9 patrol vehicle
- A special event application for Home for the Holidays, to be held on December 10.
More information on these items and others can be found in the council packet. To learn how to find and download agendas and packets and receive notifications when they are published, please watch this video.
Upcoming Council Meetings
Draft agendas for the upcoming Council meetings can be found at the link below. These are working drafts and are subject to change. Agendas are published on the City's website the Thursday prior to a scheduled City Council meeting. The next regular Council meeting will be on Monday, November 21 at 7:00 p.m. A study session will precede the meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Public Hearings Scheduled for November 21
Public Hearings are an opportunity for members of the public to speak in front of Council on a specific agenda item. The following public hearings have been scheduled for November 21, beginning at 7 p.m.
- Public hearing regarding the sale of real property located at 1206 W 2nd Avenue
- Public hearing regarding the proposal to enter into an Infrastructure Agreement with Indianola Industrial Park, LLC
- Public hearing regarding an application for exemption of sign code at 102 N Jefferson Way, Indianola, Iowa
- Public hearing regarding an application for exemption of sign code at 1010 N Jefferson Way, Indianola, Iowa
- Public hearing regarding an amendment to Chapter 165 by adding a sign code and deleting Chapter 167
Boards and Commissions
There are numerous Boards & Commissions with current openings that provide citizens an opportunity to have an impact on our community by advising the City Council on various areas. If you are interested in serving, please visit our website for more information and the application.
The City of Indianola is currently hiring for multiple positions, including a career Firefighter/Paramedic and Police Officer. Please visit our website for more information on employment opportunities.