I have been very surprised by the number of voters in my circle of friends and acquaintances who have the mistaken idea that the proposed “Courthouse” on the square will once again provide the services that the previous one did for the past 80 years...collect taxes, register and license vehi…
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
At the Candidate Forum for Indianola City Council, there was a question about whether there were any conflicts of interest by any of the candidates. Candidate Heather Hulen said she would recuse herself from any vote dealing with the YMCA, where she is the Executive Manager.
Iowans are bearing the brunt of inaction from Washington. Special interests are pouring money into our politics to halt progress even before it begins – we can feel it on our farms, on main streets, and by the lessening healthcare options in our communities.
President Trump is correct about the divisive character of the impeachment inquiry into his July 25th dialogue with his Ukrainian counterpart.
- Peoples Bank names new board leadership
- Keri Blake is taking coaching to a new arena with new business
- Indianola mother, son team up to cook together, eat together
- Indianola High School musics make All-State, march to success
- Indianola Hometown Pride asks supervisors to okay plan to beautify courthouse fence
- New Indianola School Board members take on first duties
- Grab your shovel — city may require residents to speed up snow removal
- Indianola Police and Fire Reports: Nov. 2