In this 45-minute one man show, Grant Wood chats with the audience as if talking to an old friend across the backyard fence, or maybe at his home at Five Turner Alley in Cedar Rapids. He tells us about his life and how he changed the art world forever with his work. We hear and see the man behind American Gothic, and how he took the moments, the memories and the people of our state to show the whole world the specialness of Iowa. After the presentation, the audience is encouraged to ask questions about Grant Wood and his life.
Performer Tom Milligan has spent 45 years as a working theater artist in Iowa. This program is funded by Humanities Iowa and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Prairie Nyx / Jon Backstrom, Indianola
- Many Hands announces location, opening plans
- Five Warren County wrestlers, 2 from Indianola, heading to first girls State tournament
- Donald Hagen Jr., Indianola
- Warren County supervisors ponder future of rural recycling
- Emergency services — one of the 'big things' for county, says Heater
- Coyotes making themselves at home in Iowa, and Warren County
- Larry Hughes, Ackworth
- Indianola Police Reports: January 28
- Downey gets win No. 150 as Indianola takes Little Hawkeye Tourney
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.